Sunday, October 19, 2008

Biodata (Blog Post #6)

I am currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences with double concentration in the areas of Biomedical Science and Molecular Cell Biology in National University of Singapore (NUS). My interest in life sciences is mostly in the areas of microbiology, infectious diseases and immunology. Hence, I hope to be doing something related to these in my future career.

I picked up photography as a hobby from my co-curriculum activity (CCA) back in secondary school, junior college and university. I also learnt about the importance of teamwork, leadership and good interaction skills when I was a prefect in secondary school.

People usually regard me as quiet, modest and hardworking. I am also a caring, determined and organized person who believes that striking a balance appropriately will be able to nurture a positive outlook of life.

5 comments:

Illya Nafiza said...

Hey Zhi Lian, I like how you organized your paragraphs into education, achievements and personality. I do hope though I could read more on your achievements. Nonetheless, I still think you managed to highlight some of the skills that you have gained from your participation in school.

Good job!

Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon said...

Hi Zhilian, your biodata is well organized and coherent. It would also be useful if you could include which year you are in for your major. I particularly found it interesting how you elaborated on what you would like to pursue as your career, what you would maintain as a hobby and what your personality traits are. It is heartening to see you take up leadership roles in school and picking up certain soft skills which would be useful in future. Moreover, I agree with you that striking a balance in whatever we do is necessary to keep an optimal disposition!

Unknown said...

Your biodata is well organized, but it seems to be beyond the 100-word limit. It's really hard to finish a biodata in 100 words, unless you use point form.

Though I am unfamiliar with your speciality, I can feel your passion in what you want to do in the future from the words in the biodata. Your biodata also shows me that you are a person knows what you want in life and very determinate.

grace kim said...

Hi Zhilian,

I thought you started off well with your areas of interest in your first paragraph (minus your last sentence which can be deleted to cut down on the number of words). However, the next two paragraphs could have been better.

As Chen Xin has commented, your post is way beyond the word limit :-) So, you could have been more concise in the second and third paragraphs. For example there are too many adjectives in the third paragraph. You should focus on one or two outstanding traits and provide evidence of these traits, eg. organisational skills. You could also talk about your achievements/responsibilities as a prefect rather than what you learned.